|Pets merit badge
| BSA Advancement ID:
| Requirements revision:
| Latest pamphlet revision:
- Present evidence that you have cared for a pet for 4 months. Get approval before you start.*
- Write in 200 words or more about the care, feeding, and housing of your pet. Tell some interesting facts about it. Tell why you have this kind of pet. Give local laws, if any, relating to the pet you keep.
- Show that you have read a book or pamphlet, approved by your counselor, about your kind of pet. Discuss with your counselor what you have learned from what you read.
- Do ONE of the following:
- a. Show your pet in some pet show.
- b. Start a friend raising a pet like yours. Help your friend get a good start.
- c. Train a pet in three or more tricks or special abilities.
- * Work done for other merit badges cannot be used for this requirement.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2012 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34765)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
General Merit Badge information