lesson video links, graph paper, and links to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
The Troop Pioneering Monthly Theme includes meeting and activity materials.
Pioneering is a popular Summer Camp Merit badge. You can build towers and bridges. -
|Pioneering requires prior counselor approval for requirement(s) #10.|
|Pioneering merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||084|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
| A FREE workbook for Pioneering is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
- The BSA Pioneering Troop Program Feature offers meeting and activity plans to include Pioneering as one of your monthly themes.
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
2. Knots and lashings
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
- Notable knot Index - shows quick method of tying
- Step-By-Step knots : 11 Basic knots fit on the front and back of one page.
- Six Boy Scout knots by John Geffre
- All lower rank knots (2MB PDF)
- When to use knots lashings (152K PDF)
- Boy Scout ranks: Tenderfoot - Second Class - First Class
- Boy Scout awards: Firem'n Chit - Totin' Chip - Paul Bunyan Woodsman
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Astronomy - Backpacking - Camping - Canoeing - Climbing - Cooking - Cycling - Fire Safety - Hiking - Orienteering - Pioneering - Rowing - Weather - Water Sports - Whitewater - Wilderness Survival
- Venturing: Outdoor Bronze Award; Ranger Award electives: Backpacking
- Webelos Activity Badges: Forester - Naturalist - Outdoorsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Astronomy - Map and Compass - Weather
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
The Pioneer Badge was one of the Original Merit Badges from the 1910 BSA Handbook. It was relabeled as the Pioneering Merit Badge in 1911.