lesson video links, graph paper, and links to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
The Troop Pioneering Monthly Theme includes meeting and activity materials.
Pioneering is a popular Summer Camp Merit badge. You can build towers and bridges. -
|Pioneering requires prior counselor approval for requirement(s) #10.|
|Pioneering merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||084|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
The Pioneering merit badge was one of the original 57 merit badges issued by the Boy Scouts of America in 1911.
- The BSA Pioneering Troop Program Feature offers meeting and activity plans to include Pioneering as one of your monthly themes.
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
2. Knots and lashings
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
- Notable knot Index - shows quick method of tying
- Step-By-Step knots : 11 Basic knots fit on the front and back of one page.
- Six Boy Scout knots by John Geffre
- All lower rank knots (2MB PDF)
- When to use knots lashings (152K PDF)
|General Merit Badge information
The Pioneer Badge was one of the Original Merit Badges from the 1910 BSA Handbook. It was relabeled as the Pioneering Merit Badge in 1911.