|Pioneering requires prior counselor approval for requirement(s) #10.|
|Pioneering merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||084|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
The Pioneering merit badge was one of the original 57 merit badges issued by the Boy Scouts of America in 1911.
All pioneering projects constructed for this merit badge must comply with height standards as outlined in the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- The BSA Pioneering Troop Program Feature offers meeting and activity plans to include Pioneering as one of your monthly themes.
The Troop Pioneering Monthly Theme includes meeting and activity materials.
1. First Aid: Cuts - Abrasions - Bruises - Rope Burns - Blisters - Splinters - Sprains - Heat Reactions - Cold Reactions - Dehydration - Insect Bites - Stings
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
2. Knots and lashings
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
- Notable knot Index - shows quick method of tying
- Step-By-Step knots : 11 Basic knots fit on the front and back of one page.
- Six Boy Scout knots by John Geffre
- All lower rank knots (2MB PDF)
- When to use knots lashings (152K PDF)
- The Pioneer Badge was one of the Original Merit Badges from the 1910 BSA Handbook. It was relabeled as the Pioneering Merit Badge in 1911.
|General Merit Badge information