(→See also: add links)
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
Revision as of 13:25, May 8, 2009
| This is the youth Quartermaster equipment management leadership position for Boy Scout Troops and Varsity Scout Teams.|
For the equipment management leadership position for Venturing, see Crew Quartermaster.
For the highest-level rank award in Sea Scouting, see the Quartermaster Award.
|Serving as Quartermaster can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Quartermaster keeps track of troop or team equipment and sees that it is in good working order. He keeps records on patrol/troop or squad/team equipment, makes sure equipment is in good working condition, and issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Keeps records on patrol/troop or squad/team equipment.
- Makes sure equipment is in good working condition.
- Issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Makes suggestions for new or replacement items.
- Works with the troop committee member responsible for equipment.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
The Quartermaster is the equipment manager youth leader in its unit. Other equipment manager youth leaders are:
- Quartermaster - Boy Scouting and Varsity Scouting (sometimes called Team Equipment Manager)
- Crew Quartermaster - Venturing
- Storekeeper - Sea Scouting
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
|Varsity Scout portal|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates