|| This is the youth Quartermaster equipment management leadership position for Boy Scout Troops and Varsity Scout Teams.|
For the equipment management leadership position for Venturing, see Crew Quartermaster.
For the highest-level rank award in Sea Scouting, see the Quartermaster Award.
The Quartermaster keeps track of troop or team equipment and sees that it is in good working order. He keeps records on patrol/troop or squad/team equipment, makes sure equipment is in good working condition, and issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Keeps records on patrol/troop or squad/team equipment.
- Makes sure equipment is in good working condition.
- Issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Makes suggestions for new or replacement items.
- Works with the troop committee member responsible for equipment.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
The Quartermaster is the equipment manager youth leader in its unit. Other equipment manager youth leaders are: