Quest Award core requirements (all listed)
Quest Award core requirements (all listed) requirements
Sports Bronze Award
Fitness for life
- Requirement 2: First Aid, Health and Safety for Coaches on the RedCrossOnlineTraining.org web site. If Sports Safety Training is not available at a Red Cross chapter in your region, this online course is equivalent as long as you also enroll in a separate CPR training course.
- Requirement 3, Nos. 5 and 7: Exercise Safety Excellent resource for exercise aerobic and muscular development procedures, equipment and biomechanical principles, on the ExRx.net web site. Includes videos of exercises.
- Requirement 3, No. 6: Six factors that influence body fatness:
- Unilever research
Six Factors for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off: 1) having the right mental attitude, 2) sticking to a calorie-reduced diet, 3) getting support from family and friends, 4) tracking your success, 5) exercising, and 6) managing stress.
- Nutrition for Health, Fitness and Sport by Melvin Williams, see Healinghandswellness.org Nutrition Overview (6.2MB PDF)
Six Factors Determining Calories Needed to Maintain Body Weight: 1) age, 2) body weight, 3) sex, 4) resting energy expenditure (REE), 5) thermic effect of food (TEF), and 6) physical activity levels (TEE).
- Fit4Life Personal Training and Physical Therapy, Inc.
Six Exercise Factors Contributing to Fat-loss Effectiveness: 1) discriminated weight loss, 2) increased basal metabolism, 3) improving body shape, 4) continued preoccupation, 5) depressed appetite, and 6) increased caloric expenditure.
- Journal of Obesity]
Sociodemographic factors associated with long-term weight gain, current body fatness and central adiposity: 1) smoking status, 2) physical activity, 3) daily alcohol intake, 4) past change in diet, 5) educational and occupational obtainment, and 6) marriage status and living arrangements.
- Six Factors of Weight Gain: 1) hormones, 2) diet, 3) drugs, 4) stress, and 6) environment.
- Unilever research
- Requirement 3 No. 7: Biomechanical Principles and Applications (68K PDF) Biomechanical Principles and Applications. Provides seven principles and three laws of Newton's "model universe".)
- Requirement 3 No. 7: Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise Provides textbook information on biomechanics and exercise, found on Google Books.
- Requirement 4: Fitness Testing Yuhasz Equation for calculating percentage of body fat, on the TopEndSports.com web site.
- Requirement 4: FITNESSGRAM Scorecard (108K PDF) Sample scorecard used for weight health, aerobic fitness, and muscular strength, endurance and flexibility. Includes male and female scoring. (Rev. 2, 11/08)
- Requirement 4: Cub Scout Physical Fitness
- Requirement 4: Webelos Athlete Activity Badge
- Requirement 5 No. 4: Cub Scout Badminton, Cub Scout Ice Skating, Cub Scout Roller Skating, Cub Scout Table Tennis, Cub Scout Tennis, Cub Scout Basketball, Cub Scout Flag Football or Cub Scout Ultimate Sports Pin and Belt Loop. Consider incorporating the Venturing requirement as part of a Cub Scout den meeting. If your charting organization does not have a Cub pack, check with your local council's Scoutreach director for pack who's advancement program could use your help.
- Athletics merit badge
- Sports merit badge
- Personal Fitness merit badge
- Physical Fitness Award