|Reading merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||095|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2008|
|“||If you have ever wanted to go back in time or wished you could visit the future, if you are curious about the world, or if you are interested in how things work or like to learn new things, these are all reasons why you should want to read. Reading is fascinating. It's full of surprises. And it will take you places you can't get to in any other way.||”|
1b AP English Literature Reading List - A list of every reading source that has been on the AP English Literature exam since 1971, complete with dates of inclusion.
Newbery and Newbery Honor winners - Awarded annually by a branch of the American Library Association to outstanding children's books (grades 5-8)
Printz and Printz Honor winners - Awarded annually by a branch of the American Library Association to outstanding young adult books (grades 9-12)
Coretta Scott King Award - Awarded annually by a branch of the American Library Association to outstanding children's or young adult books written by an African-American author (grades 5-12)
Pura Belpré Medal - Awarded annually by a branch of the American Library Association to oustanding children's or young adult books by a Hispanic-American author (grades 5-12)
Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction - Awarded annually for a oustanding children's or young adult book of historical fiction (grades 5-12)
State book awards - A list of the various state awards for books (grades K-12)
Carnegie Medal - Awarded annually by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (UK) to an outsnding children's or young adult book from the UK - many of these titles are available in the US (grades 5-12)
|Personal development-related awards
|General Merit Badge information
- Library of Congress -- The USA's Library of Congress's home page.
- LoC Online Catalog -- The USA's Library of Congress's Online catalog.
- DMOZ directory of Boy Scouts of America sites -- A good resource for requirement 3b. Lists over 2,600 web sites beneficial to Scouting.
- ALSC's Newberry Page -- List of Newberry Medal and Honors books.
- Teen Reads Home Page -- A website entirely devoted to books for teenagers. Great source if you're looking for a certain book, author, or just browsing.
- ALSC's Home Page -- The Association for Library Service to Children's home page.
- ALA's Home Page -- The American Library Association's home page.