The Webelos Scientist Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
The Scientist Activity Badge will teach some of the basic laws of science and how to demonstrate them.
- 1. Read Bernoulli's principle. Show how it works.
- 2. Read Pascal's Law. Tell about some inventions that use Pascal's law.
- 3. Read Newton's first law of motion. Show in three different ways how inertia works.
- 4. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Science.
And do six of these:
- 5. Show the effects of atmospheric pressure.
- 6. Show the effects of air pressure.
- 7. Show the effects of water pressure. This may be combined with atmospheric pressure or with air pressure.
- 8. With adult supervision, build and launch a model rocket. Describe how Newton's third law of motion explains how the rocket is propelled into the sky.
- 9. Explain what causes fog. Show how this works.
- 10. Explain how crystals are formed. Make some.
- 11. Explain how you use your center of gravity to keep your balance. Show three different balancing tricks.
- 12. Show in three different ways how your eyes work together and show what is meant by an optical illusion.
- 13. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Weather.
- 14. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Astronomy.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2007 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33452)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Scientist is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Cub Scout Astronomy, Cub Scout Science, and Cub Scout Weather Belt Loops and Pins
- Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Space Exploration, and Weather Merit Badges
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers