- 1. Read Bernoulli's principle. Show how it works.
- 2. Read Pascal's Law. Tell about some inventions that use Pascal's law.
- 3. Read Newton's first law of motion. Show in three different ways how inertia works.
- 4. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Science.
And do six of these:
- 5. Show the effects of atmospheric pressure.
- 6. Show the effects of air pressure.
- 7. Show the effects of water pressure. This may be combined with atmospheric pressure or with air pressure.
- 8. With adult supervision, build and launch a model rocket. Describe how Newton's third law of motion explains how the rocket is propelled into the sky.
- 9. Explain what causes fog. Show how this works.
- 10. Explain how crystals are formed. Make some.
- 11. Explain how you use your center of gravity to keep your balance. Show three different balancing tricks.
- 12. Show in three different ways how your eyes work together and show what is meant by an optical illusion.
- 13. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Weather.
- 14. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Astronomy.