- 1. Read Bernoulli's principle. Show how it works.
- 2. Read Pascal's Law. Tell about some inventions that use Pascal's law.
- 3. Read Newton's first law of motion. Show in three different ways how inertia works.
- 4. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Science.
And do six of these:
- 5. Show the effects of atmospheric pressure.
- 6. Show the effects of air pressure.
- 7. Show the effects of water pressure. This may be combined with atmospheric pressure or with air pressure.
- 8. With adult supervision, build and launch a model rocket. Describe how Newton's third law of motion explains how the rocket is propelled into the sky.
- 9. Explain what causes fog. Show how this works.
- 10. Explain how crystals are formed. Make some.
- 11. Explain how you use your center of gravity to keep your balance. Show three different balancing tricks.
- 12. Show in three different ways how your eyes work together and show what is meant by an optical illusion.
- 13. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Weather.
- 14. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Astronomy.
Merit Badge Worksheets can help Scouts organize notes, listen actively, and document their work. Many worksheets also contain links to free, online video instruction.