Scouter's Training Award
|Scouter's Training Award|
Scouter's TrainingAward Knot
The Scouter's Training Award is a set of recognitions for leaders who meet who complete tenure, training and performance requirements in one (or more) of the following positions:
- Boy Scouts: Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop Committee Chair and Troop Committee members
- Varsity Scouts: Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Committee Chairman, Team Committee member
- Venturing: Advisor, Associate Advisors, Crew Committee Chairman and Crew Committee members
- Sea Scouts: Skipper, mates, ship committee chairman and ship committee members
- Roundtable Staff: Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout and Venturing roundtable staff
- Progress Record for the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award
- Varsity Scout Leader Progress for the Coach's Key and Varsity Scout Leader Training Award
- Roundtable/Huddle Staff Progress Record for the Scouter's Training Award
Online or classroom Leader Training
Youth protection (MANDATORY) – every registered adult must be re-certified every two years.
- Fast Start Training – online training you can take right now.
- Leader Specific Training – provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs.
BSA Online Learning Center – provides a variety of materials courses.
- Other: This Is Scouting (formerly New Leader Essentials) – Roundtable – University of Scouting – Trainer’s EDGE (formerly Trainer Development Conference)
Outdoor Leader Training
In addition to fulfilling other requirements, some unit leaders need outdoor-specific training.
- Cub Scout Pack: BALOO – To have a Pack camp-out, at least one unit leader must be BALOO trained.
- Webelos Den Leaders: Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) – To have a Webelos Den camp-out.
- Scoutmaster & Assistants and Varsity Scout Coach & Assistants: Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – To have a camp-out.
- Wood Badge – Advanced Leadership skills for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, Venturing, district and council Scouters.
- Seabadge – Advanced Leadership skills for unit, district and council Sea Scouters.
Other outdoor-related links