Second Class rank
|The Second Class rank requirements were revised effective January 1, 2008.|
|Second Class Rank|
Second Class rank requirements
* If you use a wheelchair or crutches, or if it is difficult for you to get around, you may substitute "trip" for "hike" in requirement 1b.
- Regarding Requirement 8. Please make certain that the parents of your Scouts are fully informed about the scope and content of the material you will be using. This should be an opt-in program, if done by the Troop. Be careful not to usurp parental authority.
1a. Map & Compass:
- REI:Navigation Basics
- Topographical Maps Free US Geological Survey - Topozone.com - Google Satellite, Street, and Terrain Maps
- Hiking Links: Leave No Trace - Essentials - Amer. Hiking Soc.: Safety - Food - Cold - Myths - Footwear -
- REI: Compass - Day Hike - Food - Hydration - Insects - Layering - Lightweight - Navigation - Rain - Socks - Sun - Hot/Cold
- The Boy Scout Handbook is the primary reference. See Campfire Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Campfire Setup - Campfire Types - Campfire Starting - Campfire Safety - Firem'n Chit - Fire Safety Merit Badge
- The Boy Scout Handbook is the primary reference. See Cooking Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Cooking Merit Badge Pamphlet - Food Pyramid - Meal Planning - Recipes - Food Handling - Dutch Oven Cooking
6. First Aid:
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Swimming Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets - Guide to Safe Scouting - Safe Swim Defense - Safety Afloat
9: What does Scout Spirit really mean? (It's not what you do in your troop!)
10: Scoutmaster Conference - Explains that you don't "pass" a Scoutmaster Conference and how to appeal.
11: Board of Review - What can they ask? How long can it be? Is the uniform really required? How do you appeal?
|Boy Scout portal|
|Varsity Scout portal|
1-2: Camping and Outdoor Skills Awards
5: Ecology Awards
6: Emergency Preparedness Awards
|Emergency Preparedness-related awards
7 Aquatic Awards