(Difference between revisions)
(→Related awards: add links)
(add header for "description" meta field for search engines to use and to explain the purpose of the page.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|name= Snow Sports
|name= Snow Sports
Revision as of 01:49, January 11, 2009
lesson video links, Leave No Trace, Outdoor Code, links, and cross-references to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
Snow Sports (was Skiing) is a fun Merit badge and is great for a Scout who skis or snowboards or wants to learn.
|Snow Sports merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||135|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2007|
Snow Sports requirements
| A FREE workbook for Snow Sports is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
- 1: First Aid
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
Sports and Fitness Awards Sports-related awards
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Archery - Athletics - Climbing - Cycling - Fishing - Fly Fishing - Golf - Horsemanship - Orienteering - Rifle Shooting - Shotgun Shooting - Skating - Small-Boat Sailing - Snow Sports - Sports - Swimming - Water Sports - Whitewater
- Venturing: Sports Bronze Award - Quest Award; Ranger Award electives: Cave Exploration - Cycling - Equestrian - Fishing - Hunting - Mountaineering - COPE - Shooting Sports - Winter Sports
- Webelos Activity Badge: Aquanaut - Athlete - Sportsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Archery - Badminton - Baseball - Basketball - BB-Guns - Bicycling - Bowling - Fishing - Flag Football - Golf - Gymnastics - Ice Skating - Marbles - Roller Skating - Snow Sports - Soccer - Softball - Swimming - Table Tennis - Tennis - Ultimate - Volleyball
Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Worksheets & Requirements – with the revision dates, diagrams, charts, checklists, logs, and links you need.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Merit Badge FAQ – answers dozens of questions like: Who can be a counselor? Can requirements be added or removed?
- Merit Badges Requiring Prior Approval – Certain requirements need prior approval. Most do not. Here is the list.
- Also see: Most Popular Merit Badges – Merit Badge Policies – Eagle-Required Merit Badges – Merit Badge Days
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
- Merit Badge Counselors must complete Youth Protection Training, file an Adult Application (and Merit Badge Counselor Information Form); and be approved by the local council. (See the Guide for Merit Badge Counselors for additional details.)