lesson video links, Leave No Trace, Outdoor Code, links, and cross-references to related Merit Badges and Boy Scout Awards.
Snow Sports (was Skiing) is a fun Merit badge and is great for a Scout who skis or snowboards or wants to learn.
|Snow Sports merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||135|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2007|
Snow Sports requirements
| A FREE workbook for Snow Sports is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
1-2. First Aid Lesson Videos:
First Aid Basics -
First Aid Basics2
3. National Ski Patrol
4a. Your Responsibility Code
4b. Smart Style
4c. Avalanche Safety
4d. Wilderness Use Policy
5a. Expertvillage Skiing Videos: - Video Lesson: Bindings - Wikipedia International DIN Settings
5b. American Teaching System - Details
5c. National Ski Patrol - Am. Assn. of Snowboard Instructors - Cross Country Ski Areas Assn. - National Ski Areas Assn. - USA Snowboard Assn. - Snow Sports Industries America - US Ski and Snowboard Assn. - Other Major Ski Associations
5d. Five types of Alpine skis
5e. Video Lesson: Conditioning
5f. Video Lesson: Ski Clothing - Video Lesson: Goggles - Stepping into Snow Ski Bindings
5g. Video Lesson: Lift Tickets - Chairlift Tips - How to Get On a Ski Chair Lift - How to Get Off a Ski Chair Lift
5h. International Trail Marking System - Video Lesson: Using Trail Maps
5i. Video Lesson: Skiing on level ground - Stopping - Wedge Turns: Skiing Tips - Stem Christi Turns
5.m. How to Ski Moguls
Sports and Fitness Awards Sports-related awards
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Archery - Athletics - Climbing - Cycling - Fishing - Fly Fishing - Golf - Horsemanship - Orienteering - Rifle Shooting - Shotgun Shooting - Skating - Small-Boat Sailing - Snow Sports - Sports - Swimming - Water Sports - Whitewater
- Venturing: Sports Bronze Award - Quest Award; Ranger Award electives: Cave Exploration - Cycling - Equestrian - Fishing - Hunting - Mountaineering - COPE - Shooting Sports - Winter Sports
- Webelos Activity Badge: Aquanaut - Athlete - Sportsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Archery - Badminton - Baseball - Basketball - BB-Guns - Bicycling - Bowling - Fishing - Flag Football - Golf - Gymnastics - Ice Skating - Marbles - Roller Skating - Snow Sports - Soccer - Softball - Swimming - Table Tennis - Tennis - Ultimate - Volleyball
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Worksheets & Requirements – with the revision dates, diagrams, charts, checklists, logs, and links you need.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Merit Badge FAQ – answers dozens of questions like: Who can be a counselor? Can requirements be added or removed?
- Merit Badges Requiring Prior Approval – Certain requirements need prior approval. Most do not. Here is the list.
- Also see: List of how many boys have earned each Merit Badge – Merit Badge policies – Merit badges required for the Eagle Scout rank – Merit Badge Days
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
- Merit Badge Counselors must complete Youth Protection Training, file an Adult Application (and Merit Badge Counselor Information Form); and be approved by the local council. (See the Guide for Merit Badge Counselors for additional details.)