|See Scout Knots, Forty knots, Sailing knots, Fishing knots, and Advanced knots for more knots.|
Here are a collection of Boy Scout knots for special purposes.
Bowline on a Bight
The Carrick bend is a knot used for joining two lines. It is particularly appropriate for very heavy rope or cable that is too large and stiff to easily be formed into other common bends. It will not jam even after carrying a significant load or being soaked with water. The Carrick bend's aesthetically pleasing interwoven and symmetrical shape has also made it popular for decorative purposes.
Double Sheet Bend
Figure Eight Loop
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
- Notable knot Index - shows quick method of tying
- Step-By-Step knots : 11 Basic knots fit on the front and back of one page.
- Six Boy Scout knots by John Geffre
- knots Index
- The Notable knot Index