and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
|The Webelos Sportsman activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Sports merit badge(s).|
The Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
| A FREE workbook for Sportsman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to the Webelos Adventures in as little as 12 months.
1. Show the signals used by officials in one of these sports: football, basketball, baseball, soccer, or hockey - pp. 459-60
2. Sportsmanship - p. 457
3. Badminton - Bicycling - Bowling - Fishing - Golf - Gymnastics - Marbles - Physical Fitness - Ice Skating - Roller Skating - Snow Ski And Board Sports - Swimming - Table Tennis - Tennis
4. Baseball - Basketball - Soccer - Softball - Volleyball - Flag Football - Ultimate
|— Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, p.4 and Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.|
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Sportsman 56 page reference guide
- KISMIF: Sportsman Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Sportsman
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Sportsman
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control: Fit Family Fit Kids
- Fitness for Kids
- International Food Information Council Foundation
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- American Council on Exercise
- American Sport Education Program
- Institute for International Sport
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- ExpertVillage Exercise Videos: