Talk:Main Page/Archive 2
(→Every Merit Badge Pamphlet Has Been Revised)
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
Any ideas? [[User:Scouterdennis|Scouterdennis]] 07:36, May 1, 2008 (EDT)
Any ideas? [[User:Scouterdennis|Scouterdennis]] 07:36, May 1, 2008 (EDT)
Revision as of 08:06, November 2, 2008
Every Merit Badge Pamphlet Has Been Revised
Just as an FYI, EVERY BSA Merit Badge pamphlet was just been reissued effective 1 September 2008 in full color, many with revised requirements. I tried to update the Radio MB requirements here but they're locked, so please copy the newly revised requirements from my site http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadge/ and update the page and worksheet here. Thanks GCW50 18:30, September 9, 2008 (EDT)
Should the Main Page be protected?
If so, why? If not, why not? --RWSmith 14:15, May 2, 2007 (EDT) (P.S. Please sign your posts.)
- I say no, because it goes against the spirit of wiki. If there is a plainly undeniable history of mainpage vandalism, then I say move everything to templates and protect the main page only, so that casual vandals won't...well, vandalise. Blast 10:23, May 12, 2007 (EDT)
- Wikis are a great way to keep things up-to-date, but the main page is a personal thing for companies or people that run such a wiki. Changing the main page is an insult to their creativity and individuality, and therefore should not be risked.--Stranger 13:52, June 13, 2007 (EDT)
- Thank you for the comment, Stranger. That was my basic thinking as well. My concern was the other well stated thought provided by Blast. Oddly enough, even though our main page hasn't been vandalized, this discussion has and frankly I think that very act weighs in on the side of caution.
- Thank you both for your thoughts. Optimist 21:26, June 14, 2007 (EDT)
I atualy think that it should. the main page is where the site is to link to pages that are not locked
Performing Arts merit badge?
New merit badge, My son is a Tap & jazz dancer. Is there a merit badge for this? Say, "Performing Arts"?
Sorry to be off topic. New at this, trying to figure it out. --MK T60FONC 14:30, July 8, 2007
- No, sorry, there is not a Performing Arts merit badge. That being said, there is a "Theater" merit badge. - Swim4lyfe
Time Zone Settings?
Also, I noticed the time stamp on my post said 15:29. I'm in NC "Eastern Time zone" and it is 2:30pm (14:30 hr). Is This time stamp corect? Am I missing something? --MK T60FONC 14:35, July 8, 2007
- You can set your time zone, etc., in "my preferences". --RWSmith 01:04, July 13, 2007 (EDT)
Great site... but I have a question...
I recently got an account after using this site for a while. But the more I use the site (and the more I copy requirements into Word to print) I have been noticing various... changes in the site. Ok so I'm not the best of spellers so I type on word and copy it to the box. But I don't understand how I can take the same article off the site in two days in a row and have different misspellings. Has anyone else noticed that? for example, on the main page, Badges of Honour, is misspelled (no "u" in honor). Both word and the Wiki recognize the misspelling. I am sorry about my rant and hope you see my point. Delete this if you want just please spell-check your work. --Hacker X-13 07:45, July 15, 2007
- Lord Baden Powell was British, so he spelled "Honour" the British way. This paragraph is a quote from him, so it spelled correctly. Maybe this spelling should be added to the spell checker list so it doesn't get automatically changed.
Comment regarding "Badges of Honour" heading on Main Page
- Moved to: Template talk:Main header
We really need the Venturing Electives to be posted with requirements.
Where are the merit badge worksheets?
Are merit badge worksheets buried on this site somewhere? I can't seem to get to them on meritbadge.com anymore and was hoping to find them here.
- I just checked and they are still on .com --wagionvigil
- I think all the worksheets are still on the original site, this is a big site, and there may just not be enough room for them. It would be helpful if ther were a dedicated page for all the workbooks for merit badges. I'll work on that.--Stranger 12:24, November 21, 2007 (EST)
- The page itself is up, but there are only worksheets for 3 MB's, it's a work in progress. If anyone wants to help, post something on this talk section, and I'll respond to you on your talk page.--Stranger 13:05, December 15, 2007 (EST)
Request removal of "Venturing Electives" page
I would like to request that Venturing bullet and link to "Venturing Electives" be removed (under Advancement Requirements) from the main page. Venturing electives is a misnomer, it is more properly labeled "Ranger Award electives" because the electives apply to that award, and not to Venturing in general. I am also in the process of creating the proper pages to be linked under Ranger Award and Outdoor Bronze Award pages. Thanks for the consideration. --Missylou2who (October 8, 22:07 EDT)
Tiger Cub Scouting Special Awards
I am new to this site in general. I have 2 boys in scouting. One is a Tiger Cub this year, while the other was a Tiger Cub about 6 years ago, and only just started back in scouting again this year. We moved just after his Tiger Cub year, and were not able to find the scouts again until his little brother became old enough to join the cubs. We didn't have the most productive experience with scouting when my older son was a Cub, so I am trying to make both of their experiences better now. I was reading up on the requirements for the Emergency Preparedness Award for the Tiger Cub Level. My question is weather they have to have received their Tiger Patch in order to qualify for this Award. My son has completed all the requirements for this honor, and it would be nice to request that he be presented the patch for his efforts now. However, since we have only been in scouting for about a month, he has only finished 9 of his 15 achievements for the Tiger Patch. Most of the ones he is missing are Den beads, and I can't help when he finishes those, and at what rate. This is not to say that I am unhappy with his den or scouting experience, just that I would like it clarified as to weather he needs to complete his patch requirements before he can be considered for this award or if he can get it now.
Due to some rather complicated life experiences that the boys have been through, they both are very aware of emergency preparedness. So we just reviewed what we have been teaching them for several years now, and my son has a firm grasp on this. I would love it if he could receive the patch sooner rather than later. This site seems to be the most comprehensive regarding what is needed to achieve such things. So I thank you for taking the time to find out weather doing elective 27 only counts once they have completed the required activities for the Tiger Patch or not. --ScoutMommy 05:56, October 24, 2007 (EDT)
- I have two in Scouts myself - one a Star and the other a Tiger. I was Den Leader for my older son and am co-leader for the younger. I cannot find anything suggesting that the Tiger have been completed prior to awarding the E Prep award to a Tiger level Scout. see also USSSP.org for another good site re Scouting. Hope this helps. --Taxgeek
Customized Sidebar (navigation pane on the left)
- Moved to: MediaWiki talk:Sidebar
I would like to figure out what is wrong with the image resolution. Here are two screenshot snippets of what certain images used to look like (on the left) and taken on the current install of meritbadge.org (on the right).
Any ideas? Scouterdennis 07:36, May 1, 2008 (EDT)
I am trying to work on a vector version of the meritbadge.org logo... I will post it when I am done