Why is the text blue? EagleForumFan 06:07, December 13, 2007 (EST)
- Blue text can be clicked as hyperlinks to other pages or sites GCW50 11:46, December 14, 2007 (EST)
Does it make sense to link to Wikipedia? Isn't that what THIS site is for? An up-to-date wiki? I'd like to see those links removed and links to SOURCES rather than the pages that simply cite the source.
PS It was the titles that were confusing me... they're linked rather than titles. Going to change them very soon. EagleForumFan 04:13, December 18, 2007 (EST)
The Cheat Sheet text and links have been removed. We provide resources to help a Scout do his own work, not cheat. If you see cheat sheet materials or links posted, please help us remove them.
We teach the words of the Scout Law with our words. We teach the meaning of the Scout Law with our actions. Milominderbinder2 16:13, March 28, 2008 (EDT) sysop
- Correct. But a 30 page website devoted to helping Scouts earn a Merit Badge by explaining the concepts or to help counselors teach is not a "Cheat Sheet" any more than the Merit Badge pamphlet is a "Cheat Book". The boy still needs to meet with a counselor to do the work. I've personally taught this merit badge to over 300 Scouts. Gary Wilson, 50 year Scout veteran, Wood Badge staffer, and Unit Commissioner, Mercer Area District, Central New Jersey Council. GCW50 14:30, June 12, 2008 (EDT)
- Gary, you have done a tremendous amount of work on your website to develop a perfect answer key for Radio Merit Badge. Your spectrum and block diagrams are spot on. In less than 2 minutes a Scout should be able to cut and paste your answers together and complete the merit badge. What could a Merit Badge Counselor say? The Scout would have your perfect answer key.
- Using the Radio Merit Badge Pamphlet, an older Scout should be able to read, find his answers, and make his own diagrams in three hours or so. A younger Scout might need four or five hours to find his own answers. It is slower but allows the Scout to learn by doing.
- Counselors provide guidance and encouragement but we have to let each Scout do his own work. Accordingly we removed the answer key you posted on MeritBadge.org and the link to your site with the same answer key.