| Please familiarize yourself with Help:Talk pages before posting on discussion (a.k.a. talk) pages.|
— Use headings, indentations; and please, always sign (~~~~) your posts. (See Help:Talk pages for details.)
— Ask your Scouting/advancement-related questions on our forums... several Scouters will be happy to help you.
Page is too complex, need only the requirements, where are the worksheets
meritbadge.org has made the page much too complex. We as Scout leaders need access only to the requirements - not five pages of gobbletygook. Please simplify! Where do we find the work sheets? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Osmiii (talk • contribs) May 4, 2010. (Please, sign and date your posts on talk pages.)
- While I sometimes feel certain pages here seem to be, well, over-loaded, it's not what I'd call "gobbletygook"(sic). As with any other specialized web-site formats, each has a bit of a learning curve, each has its advantages and dis-advantages. It took me a while to learn my way around wiki-type web sites... and I don't mean editing; I mean how to get around on a wiki. Surely though, one of the real advantages to a wiki is the ability to provide access (especially in the form of brief, standardized notes and hyperlinks) to relevant, helpful information.
- This purpose of this web site is to help Scouts advance by providing that information to all Scouts, Scouters and parents; not just those who "need access only to the requirements". There is a link on every page containing advancement requirements where you can print just the requirements. Maybe we can take a look at ways to make this more "visible" for those who, like you, are in a hurry and just want the requirements. Also, as noted on the article page:
- Merit badge pamphlet: For information regarding the merit badge pamphlet, etc., see our discussion at Scouting Heritage MB Released on MeritBadge.Net.
- Workbook: A workbook is not yet available for this merit badge, as it has just been released. We will post one as soon as possible. If you are feeling up to it, you may create and upload one -- just make sure it meets our formatting and other standards, in line with Milominderbinder2's workbooks.
- Lastly, and forgive me for stating the obvious, the best thing about this web site is that it gives you, the user, the opportunity to not only make suggestions, but also to help make it better — and, that was not a swipe at you. Where else can you make suggestions, let alone personally edit the content of a Scouting-information related web site? YiS, —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 22:19, May 4, 2010 (EDT)
ID Number error
The merit badge ID number for Scouting Heritage is 143, not 144... 144 is Inventing (you can update the number for Inventing too). Ref: http://www.usscouts.org/usscouts/mb/mb143.asp and http://www.usscouts.org/usscouts/mb/mb144.asp.
Thanks so much for an awesome resource for the Scouting Community! --Bwalker 18:45, January 8, 2012 (EST)
Requirement 8 error
Per http://usscouts.org/usscouts/mb/mb143.asp, requirement 8 has been revised. You may now speak to individuals over 40 (changed from 50). —Preceding unsigned comment added by Reedcarr (talk • contribs) April 1, 2012. (Please, sign and date your posts on talk pages.)