Template:50 Miler Award/req
(move first line to intro)
m (Protected "Template:50 Miler Award/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 21:15, August 17, 2008
In order to qualify for the award the group of which the individual is a member must fulfill all of the following requirements.
- Make complete and satisfactory plans for the trip, including the possibilities of advancement.
- Cover the trail or canoe or boat route of not less than 50 consecutive miles; take a minimum of 5 consecutive days to complete the trip without the aid of motors. (In some areas pack animals may be used.)
- During the time on the trail or waterway, complete a minimum of 10 hours each of group work on projects to improve the trail, springs, campsite, portage or area. If after checking with recognized authorities, it is not possible to complete 10 hours each of group work on the trail, a similar project may be done in the unit's home area ( There should be no unauthorized cutting of brush or timber.)
- Unit or tour leader must then file a 50-Miler Award application with the local council service center. The application gives additional details about planning the trip.
Provisional participant eligibility on a trek or cruise
Provisional groups and individuals are participants that do not belong to the same charted unit.
The 50 Miler Award is presented to individuals completing the requirements of a trip:
- Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturer units, including provisional individuals.
- Provisional groups (participants not from a single unit); however, chartered unit participation is most desirable.
- Sea Scouts are only eligible when participating as part of their own chartered ship. Sea Scouts participating as members of a provisional ship are not eligible for this award.