(Difference between revisions)
m (1 revision)
: - - - -
- With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Perseverance Character Connection.
- a. Know: Review the requirements and decide which ones might be more difficult for you to do. Make a plan to complete one of the harder requirements.
- b. Commit: When doing the harder requirement, did you ever feel frustrated or angry? What did perseverance have to do with that? Name another type of task for which you will need to persevere.
- c. Practice: Practice perseverance by following your plan to do that requirement for the Athlete activity badge.
- Explain what it means to be physically and mentally healthy.
- Explain what you as a Webelos Scout can do to stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Every time you work on requirement 5 below, start with at least 5 minutes of stretching warm-up activities.
- Do as many as you can of the following and record your results. Show improvement in all of the activities after 30 days.
- a. Have another person hold your feet down while you do as many curl-ups as you can.
- b. Do as many pull-ups from a bar as you can.
- c. Do as many push-ups from the ground or floor as you can.
- d. Do a standing long jump as far as you can.
- e. Do a quarter-mile run or walk.
And do two of these:
- Do a vertical jump and improve your reach in 30 days.
- Do a 50 yard dash as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- Ride a bike 1 mile as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- Swim a quarter mile in a pool or lake as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Physical Fitness pin.
Please report any issues with this page.