(Difference between revisions)
(New page: ;Cub Scouting: Cub Scouts is a year-round family- and home-centered program that develops ethical decision-making skills for boys in the first through fifth grade (or who are 7, 8, 9, ...)
Revision as of 13:25, April 1, 2008
- Cub Scouting
- Cub Scouts is a year-round family- and home-centered program that develops ethical decision-making skills for boys in the first through fifth grade (or who are 7, 8, 9, and 10 years old). The Tiger Cub program for first graders and their adult partners emphasizes shared leadership, learning about the community, and family understanding. The Wolf and Bear Cub activities for second and third graders emphasize character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness. Webelos Scouts (fourth and fifth graders) participate in more advanced activities that begin to prepare them to become Boy Scouts.
- Boy Scouting
- Boy Scouts is a year-round program for boys 11 through 17 designed to achieve the aims of Scouting through a vigorous outdoor program and peer group leadership with the counsel of an adult Scoutmaster. (Boys also may become Boy Scouts if they have earned the Cub Scouting Arrow of Light Award and are at least 10 years old or have completed the fifth grade and are at least 10 years old.)
- Varsity Scouting
- Varsity Scouting is an active, exciting, year-round program for young men 14 through 17 built around five program fields of emphasis: advancement, high-adventure/sports, personal development, service, and special programs and events.
- Venturing is a year-round program for young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years of age to provide positive experiences through exciting and meaningful youth-run activities that help them pursue their special interests, grow by teaching others, and develop leadership skills.
- Sea Scouting
- Sea Scouts is a specialized segment of the Venturing program, which was organized to address members' boating skills and promote knowledge of our maritime heritage. Swimming, lifesaving, first aid, Coast Guard Auxiliary Sailing and Seamanship, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses are taught with the ship by its officers.