- JANUARY -
- 1999 – 19th World Scout Jamboree ends at Picarquin Hacienda, Rancagua City, Chile (began Dec. 27, 1998).
- 2003 – 20th World Scout Jamboree ends in Sattahip, Chonburi Province Thailand (began Dec. 28, 2002).
- FEBRUARY -
- annual – This is often the first Sunday of the month, but could be any Sunday in February; it varies by unit and locale. Scouts go to their places of worship in uniform and help with the service. Commonly referred to as "Scout Sunday".
- 1857 – Birthday of Robert Baden-Powell, "BP", the founder of Scouting. February is Scouting's anniversary month, all over the world.
- 1889 – Birthday of Olave Baden-Powell, wife of "BP", World Chief Guide; BP and Olave shared a birthday!
- MARCH -
- APRIL -
- MAY -
- JUNE -
- 1916 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America, making them the only American youth organization with a federal charter.
- 1937 – First National Jamboree, held at Washington, DC. Ran June 30-July 9. Was to have been in 1935, but was cancelled due to a polio epidemic.
- 1950 – Second National Jamboree, held at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, begins. Ran June 30-July 6.
- JULY -
- 1911 – The Boy Scouts of America receives the design patent for the First Class badge that symbolizes Scouting in the USA.
- 1950 – Second National Jamboree ends. (began June 30th)
- 1937 – First National Jamboree ends. (began June 30th)
- 1907 – Sir Robert Baden-Powell founds the Boy Scouts with the first Scout camp at Brownsea Island. The encampment ran August 1-9, 1907.
- 1920 – First World Scout Jamboree begins in Olympia, London, England (ended Aug 7th).
- AUGUST -
- 1907 – Robert Baden-Powell holds the first Scouting encampment at Brownsea Island. He began setting camp up on July 29, 1907.
- 1971 – 13th World Scout Jamboree begins, in Fujinomiya City on Asagiri-kogen, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan, with breathtaking views of Mount Fuji.
- 1920 – 1st World Scout Jamboree ends (began Jul 30th).
- 1955 – 8th World Scout Jamboree begins in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada. This was the first major international gathering of Scouts outside of Europe and the first World Jamboree broadcast on television. Olave Baden-Powell visited.
- SEPTEMBER -
- OCTOBER -
- 1860 – Juliette Low, American founder of the Girl Scouts, is born.
- 1936 – The Boy Scouts of the Philippines is founded.
- NOVEMBER -
- 1941 – Formation of the clandestine Girl Scouts group called Mury in the Ravensbrück concentration camp
- DECEMBER -
- 1998 – 19th World Scout Jamboree begins at Picarquin Hacienda, Rancagua City, Chile (ends Jan. 7, 1999).
- 2002 – 20th World Scout Jamboree begins in Sattahip, Chonburi Province, Thailand (ends Jan. 7, 2003).