Template:Cub Scout Art/req
(Difference between revisions)
(New page: <div></div> ===Belt Loop Requirements=== Complete these three requirements: # Make a list of common materials used to create visual art compositions. # Demonstrate how six of the followin...)
m (Protected "Template:Cub Scout Art/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 11:26, August 14, 2008
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a list of common materials used to create visual art compositions.
- Demonstrate how six of the following elements of design are used in a drawing: lines, circles, dots, shapes, colors, patterns, textures, space, balance, or perspective.
- Identify the three primary colors and the three secondary colors that can be made by mixing them. Show how this is done using paints or markers. Use the primary and secondary colors to create a painting.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Art belt loop, and complete six of the following requirements:
- Visit an art museum, gallery, or exhibit. Discuss with an adult the art you saw.
- Create two self-portraits using two different art techniques, such as drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, or computer illustration.
- Demonstrate how to make paper. Make a sample at least 4 inches by 4 inches.
- Make a simple silkscreen or stencil. Print a card or T-shirt.
- Create a freestanding sculpture or mobile using wood, metal, soap, papier-mache, or found objects.
- Create an object using clay that can be fired, baked in the oven, or hardened in water.
- Photograph four subjects in one theme, such as landscapes, people, animals, sports, or buildings.
- Make a collage using several different materials.
- Use your artistic skills to create a postage stamp, book cover, or music CD cover.
- Use a computer illustration or painting program to create a work of art.
- Display your artwork in a pack, school, or community art show.