Template:Cub Scout Family Travel/req
: - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a list of things you would take on a threeday trip with your family, then pack these items in a bag or suitcase.
- With an adult’s help, figure out the cost and miles to complete a trip to a place of interest using the family car or public transportation.
- Research at least five places to visit during a trip to a place of interest. Explain what you learned to your family.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Family Travel belt loop, and complete six of the following requirements:
- Go on a trip with your family that includes at least one overnight stay. Keep a journal of your trip and then share it with your den leader.
- Play a travel game while traveling in a car.
- With an adult, review the Guide to Safe Scouting, chapter XII, “Transportation.” Then make a list of safety rules to follow when traveling in the car or while using public transportation such as a bus, plane, boat, and train. Share the list with your den.
- With the help of a parent or adult partner, use a computer to look up an airfare from your closest airport to a city in a foreign country. Calculate the total travel time, the day and time you will leave your home, and the day and time you will arrive at your destination.
- Visit a travel agent office or look up a travel Web site.
- Using pictures, explain to a family member how people’s forms of transportation have changed in the last 300 years.
- Visit with an adult who has driven in a different country. List five things that the adult found to be very different from driving in the United States.
- Make a list of occupations that people have that are related to traveling. Describe the position you would like to try. Explain to a family member why you chose that occupation.
Please report any issues with this page.