Template:Cub Scout Ice Skating/req
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while ice skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of skating.
- Go ice skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Ice Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to sharpen your skates correctly.
- Demonstrate how to lace, assemble, and dissemble your skates correctly.
- On two occasions, spend at least 30 minutes practicing warm-up exercises before skating.
- Play a skating game on the ice.
- Learn two new figure-skating skills: Forward Swizzles, Glides, Backward Swizzles, and Backward Wiggle.
- Demonstrate how to "start" in a speed skating race.
- Explain the difference between long-track and short-track speed skating.
- Participate in a skating skill development clinic.
- Tell about an Olympian athlete in figure skating or speed skating. What were some of his or her best traits?
- Play a game of ice hockey.
- Participate in a hockey skill development clinic.