Template:Cub Scout Music/req
(Difference between revisions)
m (Protected "Template:Cub Scout Music/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 11:51, November 5, 2008
: - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain why music is an important part of our culture.
- Pick a song with at least two verses and learn it by heart
- Listen to four different types of music either recorded or live.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Music belt loop, and complete one from each of the five areas below:
- Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack.
- Teach your den a song.
- Play a song by yourself or in a group, in unison or in harmony.
- Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a short skit. or as background for a movement activity.
- Attend a live musical performance or concert.
- Demonstrate conducting patterns for two songs using two different meters (two-, three-, or four-beat meter) while your adult partner or den members sing or play the songs you have selected.
- Take voice or dance lessons or lessons to learn to play an instrument.
- Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
- Learn about a composer of some music that you enjoy.
Please report any issues with this page.