Template:Cub Scout Nutrition/req
: - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a poster of foods that are good for you. Share the poster with your den.
- Explain the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
- Help prepare and eat a healthy meal of foods that are included in a food pyramid. (With your parent’s or adult partner’s permission, see http://www.mypyramid.gov.)
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Nutrition belt loop, and complete six of the following requirements:
- Make a poster that shows different foods that are high in each of the vitamins. Using your poster, explain to your den or family the difference between a vitamin and a mineral and the importance of each for a healthy diet.
- Read the nutrition label from a packaged or canned food item. Learn about the importance of the nutrients listed. Explain what you learned to your den or family.
- Make a list of diseases that can be caused by a diet that is poor in nutrition.
- Talk with your school cafeteria manager about the role nutrition plays in the meals your school serves.
- With an adult, plan a balanced menu of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for your family for a week.
- Make a list of healthy snack foods. Demonstrate how to prepare two healthy snacks.
- With an adult, go grocery shopping. Report to your den or other family members what you learned about choosing good foods to eat.
Eating a balanced diet means eating foods that are good for you and that give your body the vitamins and other nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
Please report any issues with this page.