Template:Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award/req
(Difference between revisions)
(New page: ===All Ranks=== *Attend Cub Scout day camp or Cub Scout/Webelos Scout resident camp. ===Rank-Specific=== ====Tiger Cubs==== *Complete one requirement in [[Tiger|Achievement 5, "Let's Go ...)
m (Protected "Template:Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 16:29, August 10, 2008
- Attend Cub Scout day camp or Cub Scout/Webelos Scout resident camp.
- Complete one requirement in Achievement 5, "Let's Go Outdoors" (Tiger Cub Handbook) and complete three of the outdoor activities listed below.
Wolf Cub Scouts
- Assemble the "Six Essentials for Going Outdoors" (Wolf Handbook, Elective 23b) and discuss their purpose, and complete four of the outdoor activities listed below.
Bear Cub Scouts
- Earn the Cub Scout Leave No Trace Award (Bear Handbook, Elective 25h) and compete five of the outdoor activities listed below.
- Earn the Outdoorsman (Webelos Handbook) and complete six of the outdoor activities listed below.
With your den, pack, or family:
- Participate in a nature hike in your local area. This can be on an organized, marked trail, or just a hike to observe nature in your area.
- Participate in an outdoor activity such as a picnic or park fun day.
- Explain the buddy system and tell what to do if lost. Explain the importance of cooperation.
- Attend a pack overnighter. Be responsible by being prepared for the event.
- Complete an outdoor service project in your community.
- Complete a nature/conservation project in your area. This project should involve improving, beautifying, or supporting natural habitats. Discuss how this project helped you to respect nature.
- Earn the Summertime Pack Award.
- Participate in a nature observation activity. Describe or illustrate and display your observations at a den or pack meeting.
- Participate in an outdoor aquatic activity. This can be an organized swim meet or just a den or pack swim.
- Participate in an outdoor campfire program. Perform in a skit, sing a song, or take part in a ceremony.
- Participate in an outdoor sporting event.
- Participate in an outdoor Scout's Own or other worship service.
- Explore a local city, county, state, or national park. Discuss with your den how a good citizen obeys the park rules.