Template:Cub Scout Physical Fitness/req
: - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Give a short report to your den or family on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
- Practice finding your pulse and counting your heartbeats per minute. Determine your target heart rate.
- Practice five physical fitness skills regularly. Improve performance in each skill over a month. Skills could include pull-ups, sit-ups, the standing long jump, the 50-yard dash, and the softball throw.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Physical Fitness belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Choose a form of exercise, bring your heart rate up to target, and keep it there for 15 minutes. Remember to warm up and cool down slowly.
- Set up a four-step exercise program. Chart your progress for five days a week for two weeks.
- Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each exercise session.
- Visit a local gym and talk to a trainer about exercises and programs for young people.
- Participate in some aerobic exercises at least three times a week for four weeks.
- Build an obstacle course that could include some exercises with jumping, crawling, and hurdles. Time yourself three times to see whether you can improve your time.
- Swim for a total of an hour over several practice periods, charting your time as you go.
- Participate for at least three months in an organized team sport or organized athletic activity.
Please report any issues with this page.