Template:Cub Scout Science/req
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the scientific method to your adult partner.
- Use the scientific method in a simple science project. Explain the results to an adult.
- Visit a museum, a laboratory, an observatory, a zoo, an aquarium, or other facility that employs scientists. Talk to a scientist about his or her work.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Science belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Make a simple electric motor that works.
- Find a stream or other area that shows signs of erosion. Try to discover the cause of the erosion.
- Plant seeds. Grow a flower, garden vegetable, or other plant.
- Use these simple machines to accomplish tasks: lever, pulley, wheel-and-axle, wedge, inclined plane, and screw.
- Learn about solids, liquids, and gases using just water. Freeze water until it turns into ice. Then, with an adult heat the ice until it turns back into a liquid and eventually boils and becomes a gas.
- Build models of two atoms and two molecules, using plastic foam balls or other objects.
- Make a collection of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks and label them.
- Learn about a creature that lives in the ocean. Share what you have learned with your den or family.
- Label a drawing or diagram of the bones of the human skeleton.
- Make a model or poster of the solar system. Label the planets and the sun.
- Do a scientific experiment in front of an audience. Explain your results.
- Read a book about a science subject that interests you.