Template:Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports/req
: - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the conditioning, clothing, equipment, and planning needed for snow skiing or boarding.
- Explain "Your Responsibility Code," the rules of safety and courtesy for the slopes. (See "Your Responsibility Code" on the back of this page. (Click here to see "Your Responsibility Code")
- Go skiing or snow boarding. Demonstrate how to stop and turn.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Snow Ski and Board Sports belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the different kinds of ski lifts, such as a rope tow and "fixed grip" and "detachable" chair lifts.
- Describe the five universal symbols used to indicate ski trail difficulty.
- Demonstrate how to hold your position and get up from a fall.
- Demonstrate how to fall safely to avoid injury.
- Explain why it is important to protect nature and wildlife while skiing or snowboarding.
- Practice skiing or snowboarding for at least five hours. You can do this in more than one day.
- Explain what to do if you see a skiing or snow boarding accident. Discuss the dangers of avalanche.
- Take a skiing or snow boarding lesson.
- View a video on skiing or snow boarding.
- Talk with a member of a ski patrol and learn about the job he or she does at the ski slope.
- Learn about an Olympian who competed in skiing or snowboarding and report to your den.
Please report any issues with this page.