Template:Cub Scout Swimming/req
: - - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain rules of Safe Swim Defense. Emphasize the buddy system.
- Play a recreational game in the water with your den, pack, or family.
- While holding a kick board, propel yourself 25 feet using a flutter kick across the shallow end of the swimming area.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Swimming belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Practice the breathing motion of the crawl stroke while standing in shallow water. Take a breath, place your head in the water, exhale, and turn your head to the side to take a breath. Repeat.
- Learn two of the following strokes: crawl, backstroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, or breaststroke.
- Learn two of the following floating skills: jellyfish float, turtle float, canoe (prone) float.
- Using a kickboard, demonstrate three kinds of kicks.
- Pass the "beginner" or "swimmer" swim level test.
- Visit with a lifeguard and talk about swimming safety in various situations (pool, lake, river, ocean). Learn about the training a lifeguard needs for his or her job.
- Explain the four rescue techniques: Reach, Throw, Row, and Go (with support)
- Take swimming lessons.
- Attend a swim meet at a school or community pool.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Learn about a U.S. swimmer who has earned a medal in the Olympics
- Demonstrate the proper use of a mask and snorkel in a swimming area where your feet can touch the bottom.
Please report any issues with this page.