Template:Cub Scout Weather/req
: - - - -
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a poster that shows and explains the water cycle.
- Set up a simple weather station to record rainfall, temperature, air pressure, or evaporation for one week.
- Watch the weather forecast on a local television station.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Weather belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Define the following terms: weather, humidity, precipitation, temperature, and wind.
- Explain how clouds are made. Describe the different kinds of clouds-stratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus, and cirrus-and what kind of weather can be associated with these cloud types.
- Describe the climate in your state. Compare its climate with that in another state.
- Describe a potentially dangerous weather condition in your community. Discuss safety precautions and procedures for dealing with this condition.
- Define what is meant by acid rain. Explain the greenhouse effect.
- Talk to a meteorologist about his or her job. Learn about careers in meteorology.
- Make a weather map of your state or country, using several weather symbols.
- Explain the differences between tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Make a simple weather vane. Make a list of other weather instruments and describe what they do.
- Explain how weather can affect agriculture and the growing of food.
- Make a report to your den or family on a book about weather.
- Explain how rainbows are formed and then draw and color a rainbow.
Please report any issues with this page.