Template:Den Chief Service Award/req
: - - - -
(Before you begin work on this service award, discuss with your Den Leader and either your Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, Venturing Adviser, or Cubmaster the role and importance of the Den Chief.)
- 1. Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
- 2. Attend a den chief training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- 3. Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- 4. Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- 5. Be the activities assistant in den meetings. (lead five songs, five stunts or skits, five games, five sports activities)
- 6. Set a good example by attitude and uniforming. (for a minimum of six months)
- 7. Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- 8. Take part in weekly meetings. (for a minimum of six months)
- 9. Assist the den at the monthly pack program. (at least three times)
- 10. Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack or troop.
- 11. Complete FOUR of these projects:
- a. Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- b. Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day camp or resident camp.
- c. Advance one Boy Scout rank.
- d. Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- e. Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- f. Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- g. Recommend to your Scoutmaster another Boy Scout to be a den chief.
- h. Assist three Cub Scouts to become Webelos Scouts.
- See Den Chief Handbook, No. 33211B for detailed requirements.
- The requirement information in (italics) above is from the detailed requirements in the Den Chief Handbook, No. 33211B.
Please report any issues with this page.