Template:Eagle Scout Rank - Alternate Requirements/req
(Difference between revisions)
(New page: #The Eagle Scout Rank may be achieved by a Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or qualified Venturer* who has a physical or mental disability by qualifying for alternate merit badges...)
m (Protected "Template:Eagle Scout Rank - Alternate Requirements/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 13:48, August 28, 2008
- The Eagle Scout Rank may be achieved by a Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or qualified Venturer* who has a physical or mental disability by qualifying for alternate merit badges. This does not apply to individual requirements for merit badges. Merit badges are awarded only when all requirements are met as stated.
- The physical or mental disability must be of a permanent rather than a temporary nature.
- A clear and concise medical statement concerning the Scout's disabilities must be submitted by a physician licensed to practice medicine, or an evaluation statement must be certified by an educational administrator.
- The candidate must earn as many of the required merit badges as his ability permits before applying for an alternate Eagle Scout merit badge.
- The Application for Alternate Eagle Scout Merit Badges must be completed prior to qualifying for alternate merit badges.
- The alternate merit badges chosen must be of such a nature that they are as demanding of effort as the required merit badges.
- When alternates chosen involve physical activity, they must be approved by the physician.
- The unit leader and the board of review must explain that to attain the Eagle Scout rank a candidate is expected to do his best in developing himself to the limit of his resources.
- The application must be approved by the council committee responsible for advancement, utilizing the expertise of professional persons involved in Scouting for the disabled.
- The candidate's application for Eagle must be made on the Eagle Scout Rank Application, with the Application for Alternate Eagle Scout Award Merit Badges attached.
* In order for a Venturer to be an Eagle candidate, he must have achieved the First Class rank as a Boy Scout or Varsity Scout.