Do five of these:
- Collect five geologic specimens that have important uses.
- Rocks and minerals are used in metals, glass, jewelry, road-building products, and fertilizer. Give examples of minerals used in these products.
- Make a scale of mineral hardness for objects found at home. Show how to use the scale by finding the relative hardness of three samples.
- List some of the geologic materials used in building your home.
- Make a drawing that shows the cause of a volcano, a geyser, or an earthquake.
- Explain one way in which mountains are formed.
- Describe what a fossil is. How is it used to tell how old a formation is? Find two examples of fossils in your area.
- Take a field trip to a geological site, geological laboratory, or rock show. Discuss what you learned at your next Webelos den meeting.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Geology.