(Difference between revisions)
m (Protected "Template:Handyman/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 17:21, August 10, 2008
- With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Responsibility Character Connection.
- a. Know: List all the tasks you can think of that are necessary in keeping a household in good shape. Name the tasks that are your responsibility. Tell what it means to be responsible for these tasks.
- b. Commit: Talk about what happens when people don't do their jobs. Tell why it is important to be helpful and to be responsible. List ways that you can be more responsible on your own.
- c. Practice: Choose one of the requirements and show how you are responsible by doing that task well for two weeks.
And do six of these:
- With adult supervision, wash a car.
- Help an adult change a tire on a car.
- With adult supervision, replace a bulb in the taillight, turn signal, or parking light or replace a headlight on a car.
- With adult supervision, show how to check the oil level and tire pressure on a car.
- Make a repair to a bicycle, such as tightening the chain, fixing a flat tire, or adjusting the seat or handlebars.
- Properly lubricate the chain on a bicycle.
- Properly inflate the tires on a bicycle.
- Change the wheels on a skateboard or pair of inline skates.
- Replace a light bulb in a fixture or lamp.
- With adult supervision, arrange a storage area for household cleaners and other dangerous materials where small children cannot reach them.
- Build a sawhorse or stool to be used around your home.
- Help take care of the lawn.
- Arrange a storage area for hand tools or lawn and garden tools.
- Clean and properly store hand tools or lawn and garden tools in their storage area.
- Label hand tools or lawn and garden tools.
- Put together a toolbox for common repairs around the house. Be sure the toolbox and tools are stored safely.