Template:History and Heritage of the Disabled Sports Movement (Quest Award elective)/req
: - - - -
#Study the history of the disabled sports movement (Paralympics).
- Learn how it started.
- When did the disabled sports movement start?
- When and where would you find competitions for disabled athletes?
- What disabled sports games are included in the summer and winter Paralympics?
- Pick a disabled sport you have an interest in and learn its history.
- Who started that disabled sport and why?
- How has the sport changed since its beginning?
- What specialized equipment is used by disabled athletes?
- Using what you learned in requirements 1 and 2 above, plan and run a disabled sports awareness clinic for your crew, a Cub Scout den or pack, Boy Scout troop, other youth group, etc. Examples:
- Wheelchair basketball
- Goal ball for blind athletes
- Sledge hockey
- Murder ball (rugby for quadriplegics)
Please report any issues with this page.