Template:Hog and Pork Production/req
- Visit five or more farms and name and describe two to five breeds of hogs found on the farms visited.
- Confer with meat market men and from their instruction draw a diagram of a hog, and mark and name the parts for butcher classification and sale of pork products.
- Explain the different users of hog products for both commerce and food.
- Salt at least 2 pounds of pork or smoke 2 pounds of ham, and explain method.
- Describe life history of one breed of hog observed at fair stock show or on farm.
- Write out a balanced ration for fattening hogs, and give reasons for its preparation.
- Explain fully symptoms of hog cholera and preventative measures used.
- Name the different kinds of food rations needed for hogs from weaning time to market.
Comply with the 4-H Club or Home Project Requirements in the Pig Club.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Handbook for Boys, 1948 Edition