Template:International Scouter's Award/req

From MeritBadgeDotOrg

Jump to: navigation, search

Mobile Menus: Cub Scouts - Scouts BSA - Venturing - Sea Scouts
Applicants must be currently registered adult Scouters of the Boy Scouts of America.

All applicants must receive the approval of their local council’s international committee chairperson or international representative and their council Scout executive.

Complete any six of the following, from at least three of the following categories:

  1. Giving leadership to international Scouting:
    1. Serve as a council international representative for a minimum of two consecutive years.
    2. Serve as a council international committee member or as a member of the BSA’s International Committee for a minimum of three consecutive years.
    3. Serve as a registered adult leader with a Direct Service, Far East Council, or Transatlantic Council Cub Scout pack, Boy Scout troop, or Venturing crew.[Note 1]
  2. Giving leadership to international events held in the United States:
    1. Host Scouts/Scouters (minimum of three visitors per group) from another country as part of an official national, council, district, or unit activity.[Note 2]
    2. Serve on the international staff at a National Scout Jamboree.
    3. Assist in the International Camp Staff program. Be responsible for bringing a foreign Scout on staff to the council’s summer camp program for two summer camp seasons.
  3. Giving leadership to international events held in other countries:
    1. Serve as an adult leader in a BSA contingent to a World Scout Jamboree or Pan-American Scout Jamboree.[Note 3]
    2. Serve as an adult leader for a group of BSA Scouts participating in an event held by a foreign Scout association recognized by the World Organization of the Scout Movement. The activity may be an exchange program, camp experience, a tour activity, or a home hospitality function.
    3. Serve on the international service staff of a World Scout Jamboree.
  4. Educating self and others:
    1. Attend an international Scout conference at the Philmont Training Center. Share what you have learned with others in your council.
    2. Promote international Scouting at a district, council, region, or national event.
    3. Participate in organizing or providing leadership for a BSA Scout activity in another country that involves interaction with Scouts from that country, such as an exchange program, camping experience, or tour activity.
  5. Giving support to international Scouting:
    1. Organize a collection for the World Friendship Fund at two district and/or council events.
    2. Become or recruit a member of the Order of the Condor for the Interamerican Scout Foundation.
    3. Become or recruit a Baden-Powell Fellow for the World Scout Foundation.


  1. "Prior to February 2015, Sea Scouts were considered members of the Venturing program and were eligible to earn Venturing awards and recognitions through December 31, 2016. Effective January 1, 2017, eligibility for all Venturing awards and recognitions is limited to registered Venturers." (Guide to Advancement § Boy Scout Advancement in Sea Scouts)
  2. Please note that hosting in private homes is not considered an official Scouting activity and, therefore, homeowners will not be covered under BSA insurance.
  3. For the 2013 event, the Interamerican Scout Committee decided to change the name from "Pan-American Scout Jamboree" to "Interamerican Scout Jamboree" owing to inclusion of Scouts from USA and Canada.

Please report any issues with this page.

Mobile/PDA Main Menu - FAQ
  Full size MeritBadge.Org
Personal tools