||MeritBadge.Org is the free Scouting Wikipedia dedicated to providing resources for Scouts and leaders. In 1995, Michael Kauffmann (Optimist) began listing merit badge requirements on his first website, Opticon. Opticon quickly grew and became MeritBadge.Com and in 2007 became MeritBadge.Org.
Today, MeritBadge.Org provides over 100,000 visitors each month with:
- 1,084 articles and 9,245 pages
- 14,993 volunteers have made 47,327 updates to those pages
- 2,254 documents and images are available for download
- Nearly 200 worksheets for Merit Badges, Webelos Activity Badges, and Cub Scout Belt Loops and Pins
- Thousands of resource links for nearly 300 Ranks, Merit Badges, and Awards
- Program materials from Tiger, Wolf, and Bear Cub Scouts to Webelos Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturing
Everyone is welcome to use our resources. If you are a registered adult leader with the Boy Scouts of America and want to help, please Register and help us!
Merit Badges began in England in 1908 as Badges of Honour. Even today, many requirements are changing for 2008 and 2009.
MeritBadge.Org is not affiliated with BSA or WOSM and does not speak on behalf of BSA or WOSM. Opinions expressed are those of the individual contributors.