Template:Plants and Wildlife (Ranger Award elective)/req
(Difference between revisions)
m (Protected "Template:Plants and Wildlife (Ranger Award elective)/req" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
m (1 revision)
: - - - -
- Requirement 1. Write a paper or make a presentation on a plant or wildlife species. Include its value as seen from various perspectives, some of the problems various species face, and how we might be able to help.
- Requirement 2. Nature observation
- a. Select an area approved by your Advisor that contains several species of wildlife or plants. Observe this area thoroughly in various conditions and seasons of the year. Study the history of this area, paying particular attention to how it has changed over time, ownership, land use patterns, and landform and climatic changes.
- b. Make a presentation on interaction between species; the reaction of various species to changes in conditions or outside influences; the degree to which this area provided food, shelter, materials, and protection for each species; population trends; your predictions on the future of these species; suggested actions to protect or enhance the population; and the investigation methods you used.
- Requirement 3. Species study
- a. Study a specific plant or wildlife species approved by your Advisor that can be found in several different areas. Observe this species thoroughly in various areas and seasons of the year. Study the history of this species, paying particular attention to how it has adapted over time.
- b. Make a presentation on this species; any reactions to changes in conditions or outside influences; this species' needs for food, soil, shelter, materials, protection, assistance with propagation, etc.; population trends; your prediction for the future of this species; suggested actions to protect or enhance the population; and the investigation methods you used.
- Requirement 4. Under the guidance of a resource professional, plan, lead, and carry out a project approved by your Advisor designed to benefit plants or wildlife. Involve others so that you can increase their awareness of the condition of plants and wildlife in your area.
- Requirement 5. Do (a) or (b).
- a. Make a tabletop display or presentation on your project for your crew, another crew, a Cub or Boy Scout group, or another group.
- b. Submit an article about your project to a local newspaper, radio station, your school newspaper, or TV station.
Please report any issues with this page.