This template is used to show a short alias for the given page.
This template does NOT create shortcuts; it just displays the shortcut in a standardized format on the desired page. The optional parameter is typically a link to a shortcut. Usage within other templates, with no parameter given, will result in no output. (Hence, the very reason the Shortcut box on this page does not have a shortcut listed, because there is no shortcut to this page. But, since the template's
code resides within this page, the shortcut box displays here, too... just as it should.)
- Step 1: Determine the desired shortcut is not already in use. E.g., Enter
BSAin the search box (to the left) and select Go, not Search.
- Step 2: Create a REDIRECT page and place the following text therein:
- #REDIRECT [[PageName]]— Where the PageName is the name of the page that you want the Shortcut to automatically go.
- Shortcuts must be, well, short.
- Shortcuts must be easy to remember.
- One, if somebody types
BSAinto the search box, they're automatically sent to the
Boy Scouts of Americapage via the REDIRECT.
- Two, the shortcut is displayed on the
I know this seems like a long way to get from here to there; but, that's how the wiki works.