Template:Varsity Scout Letter/req
Varsity Scout letter
The Varsity Scout letter is awarded to team members who participate in an "ultimate adventure." Ultimate adventures are based on high-adventure or sports program features and are preceded by training or practice sessions. High-adventure/sports activities occur every three to six months, but teams participate in a "big event" (an extended experience such as a BSA high-adventure base) once a year.
Varsity Scout letter bar
Main article: Varsity Scout Letter Bar
Varsity Scouts earn the letter at the conclusion of the first ultimate adventure, and receive another letter (a Varsity Scout letter bar that pins to the letter emblem) for each adventure completed thereafter.
Varsity Scout activity pins
Main article: Varsity Scout Activity Pins
In addition to the Varsity Scout letter or letter bar, team members may be optionally awarded one of 27 Varsity Scout activity pins to the letter emblem. The team captain (youth leader) sets the requirements and awards the activity pins. Activities are planned by the youth High-adventure/Sports program manager; possible activities may be other than the 27 program features. Activities outside of the program features are not awarded activity pins.
Both youth and adult team members may earn the letter.
- 1. Be a registered Varsity Scout team member.
- 2. While a team member, actively participate in or accomplish at least one high-adventure/sports program to the satisfaction of the Varsity Scout Coach.
- 3. Have an attendance record at team meetings and activities of at least 75 percent for three consecutive months.
- 4. Satisfy the Varsity Scout Coach that you know and live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- 1. Complete Varsity Scout Leader Fast Start training and Varsity Scout Leader Fundamentals training (approved by training committee).
- 2. Attend at least six Varsity Huddles (Roundtables).
- 3. Complete a minimum of six months as a registered Varsity Scout leader.