Special Knots, and Advanced Knots, for Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class.
|Names||Timber hitch, Lumberman's Knot, Countryman's Knot|
|Typical use||To attach a rope to a piece of wood.|
|— Boy Scout Handbook p. 138|
- Required for
- First Class #7b.
- Pass the end of the rope around the log.
- Loop the end around the starting part of the rope, then wrap the end around itself three or more times.
- Tighten the hitch against the log.
- Lesson Videos
- Grog's Animated Knots: Timber Hitch
- Wonder How To Video: Timber Hitch (Lumberman's Or Countryman's Knot
- Wonder How To Video: Timber Hitch Boy Scout Knot
- Video: Timber Hitch
- Video: Tying a Timber Hitch
- The Timber hitch is one of the Forty Knots.
- See also