The troop guide works with new Scouts. He helps them feel comfortable and earn their First Class rank in their first year.
|Serving as Troop Guide can apply towards positions of responsibility requriements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
- Works with the patrol leader of new boys patrol.
- Guide new Scouts to becoming part of the troop
- Serves on the PLC
- Sets a good example
- Enthusiastically wears the uniform correctly
- Shows Scout spirit
- First Class
- Star - 5
- Life - 5
- Eagle – 4
- Palm – 3
- Attending Junior Leader Training run by Troop
- Until the next election, removal, or will to change
- Either six months or until a new troop guide can take his place, whichever is most prudent