|Serving as Troop Guide can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Troop Guide works with new Scouts. He helps them feel comfortable and earn their First Class rank in their first year.
- Introduces new Scouts to troop operations.
- Guides new Scouts from harassment by older Scouts.
- Helps new Scouts earn First Class rank in their first year.
- Teaches basic Scout skills.
- Coaches the patrol leader of the new-Scout patrol on his duties.
- Works with the patrol leader at patrol leaders’ council meetings.
- Attends patrol leaders’ council meetings with the patrol leader of the new-Scout patrol.
- Assists the assistant Scoutmaster with training.
- Counsels individuals Scouts on Scouting challenges.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
The Troop Guide is the youth guide leader in its unit. Other youth guide leaders are:
|Boy Scout portal|