The Troop Chaplain or Team Chaplain is appointed by the committee chairman to provide spiritual tone, guide the chaplain aide, give spiritual counseling, and promote the regular religious participation of each member.
Unit committee position
- Provide a spiritual tone for troop/team meetings and activities.
- Give guidance to the chaplain aide.
- Promote regular participation of each member in the activities of the religious organization of his choice.
- Visit homes of the Scouts in time of sickness or need.
- Give spiritual counseling service when needed or requested.
- Encourage Scouts to earn their appropriate religious emblems.
- Report to the troop/team committee each month.
|— Adult Application, No. 524-501A |
|— BSA Youth Protection training policy|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates
- Applications: New Unit - Adult Application
- Fundraising, Popcorn, and the importance of Individual Youth Accounts
- Advancement - Advancement Report - First Class-First Year - Advancement Campout - Merit Badge Day - Individual Record
Online or classroom Leader Training
Youth protection (MANDATORY) – every registered adult must be re-certified every two years.
- Fast Start Training – online training you can take right now.
- Leader Specific Training – provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs.
BSA Online Learning Center Training courses can be completed online at my.Scouting Tools by selecting Home, then My Dashboard.
- Other: This Is Scouting (formerly New Leader Essentials) – Roundtable – University of Scouting – Trainer’s EDGE (formerly Trainer Development Conference)
Outdoor Leader Training
In addition to fulfilling other requirements, some unit leaders need outdoor-specific training.
- Cub Scout Pack: BALOO – To have a Pack camp-out, at least one unit leader must be BALOO trained.
- Webelos Den Leaders: Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) – To have a Webelos Den camp-out.
- Scoutmaster & Assistants and Varsity Scout Coach & Assistants: Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – To have a camp-out.
- Wood Badge – Advanced Leadership skills for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, Venturing, district and council Scouters.
- Seabadge – Advanced Leadership skills for unit, district and council Sea Scouters.
Other outdoor-related links
|Official Boy Scout Forms & Resources|
|Applications & Reports:||Youth Application||Adult Leader Application||Advancement Report||Uniform Inspections|
|Training Materials:||Youth Protection Training||Safe Swim Defense||Safety Afloat||New Leader|
|Online Training:||Youth Protection Training||Safe Swim Defense||Safety Afloat||New Leader|
|Other Guides:||Boy Scout Requirements||Insignia Guide||Scouting Terminology||Leave No Trace|
|Permit Applications:||Permission Slip||Local Tour Permit||National Tour Permit||Unit Money-Earning|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||other forms…|